'79 late bay - genuine 2 Litre

Before it goes on Evilbay, is anyone out there looking for a late Bay camper needing a wee bit of work?

Well known to some of you, no doubt, ‘Ruby’ is a genuine 2 litre, which makes a world of difference if you are going a distance. I’ve owned it off and on for over a decade, initially as part of a syndicate of friends, but laterly all of it.

It’s been all over during that time, from the North of Scotland to Barcelona, Goodwood (many times) and Le Mans a couple of times. Oh, and Volksflings too, of course!

Now been off the road for about 18 months and needing some TLC, but a fairly simple project.

It’s solid and straight, but needs the new front end panels fiting (current one is going at the edges and under the screen), sliding door bottom, couple of patches here and there and a general tidy up.

new doors fitted, good spare tailgate and engine cover, recent lowered adjustable beam. Rear lowered 1 spline (I think). comes with a massive drive away awning.

Mechanically it should just need a post-lay up check over of engine and brakes, but it’s an easily do-able project bus

Here is a couple of photos from before going off the road - looks a bit less shiney at the moment, but will attack it with a bucket of soapy water in the next couple of days and take some more.

Asking Price: £4750 ono

Oh, and it’s in Loanhead at the monent and as the MOT has lapsed it’ll need collecting by trailer.

PM me for any further details: alastairbrownuk (at) yahoo . co . uk

More photos available following a let up in the weather!

fired up no problems and sellers remorse started to knaw away at me…