Another Newbie (but really quite old!)

Hi Guys,

My name is Gordon and I live in Inverkeithing.

I have a 1973 1303 Beetle (named Dominic) which I’ve owned for over 4 years now.

I bought it as a long term project and that’s the way it has turned out to be!

The car was complete when I bought it and now it’s totally in pieces!

I retired from the infamous Rosyth Dockyard nearly 2 years ago and fortunately I’m now in a position to give Dominic the time and attention he requires to give him a new lease of life!

This is why I’ve now joined your Forum to hopefully gleen some help and information from any current 1303 owners!

I look forward to contacting / hearing from you!

Cheers the noo!
Gordon
bowdown.gif

Hi Gordon . Welcome in 👍

Welcome to the forum Gordon

Hi Gordon and great to see we have someone else from Fife (again!). I’m up the road in Dunfermline with a Karmann Ghia. Look forward to meetin you at some point. Alan.

Hiya Gordon, I’m in Dunfermline too, I may have some panels and bits, I’m no expert on models of bugs but I can advise on engine work if your stuck, look forward to seeing you around, some of the Fife guys are meeting at dunfy Tesco tomorrow night at 7pm if your up for VW chat, Lothians are having a meet too at the steadings

LVWC meet on Wednesday (2nd Wednesday of each month) at The Steading Inn from 7.30pm onwards

Hi hernandez,

Thanks for your reply and invite to the ‘meet’ at dunfy Tesco tonight - but which Tesco do you mean? Dulloch or Carnagie Drive?

I’d like to come up and meet the guys.

Cheers,

Gordon

Dunfermline town centre, Carnegie drive, , look forward to seeing you there, everyone is welcome to come along

Thanks to everyone for the welcome to your forum!

I met some of the Fife members on Tues night and enjoyed the chat, coffee & cake etc (courtesy of Annette and Jim’s wife - sorry I forgot your name!)

Unfortunately Wednesday’s not a good night for me to come over to The Steadings and meet ‘the other side’ but I hope to get there one month soon!

Cheers the nom!
Gordon