CSP Disc Kit

Just completed an order with CSP in Germany direct £408 for the Splitty disc Conversion (vented discs) + a master cylinder + 2x bay window Master cylinder conversion kit (you need it for the disc conversion) (Alex wanted 1 as well hence 2x).

Machine 7 are charging £592 just for the CSP disc kit. I love the internet. I reckon the lot through Machine 7 would have come to £800 easy with all the extra stuff.

Do your homework and it can save you loads.

good info slobbo as thinking of doing the bug and buying the kit(if i dont buy a cabriolet :lol: )

do you have a link for it or any idea cost of 64 bug kit

cheers

Best to look yourself as there are a few options.

http://www.csp-shop.de

cheers

Well I actually made an ass of the order and ordered a beetle kit instead of the 14" bus kit (which isn’t available yet). The bus kits are considerably more expensive as well. 849 euros or around £600. Not happy.

After your earlier post, it crossed my mind that you couldn’t be getting a BUS disc kit for that money!
So Rob, re-order what you need as it’s still a good kit for the money, and Mark - there’s your disc kit mate - make slobbo an offer!
ps. no commission for me guys - I do this for the love of it… :slight_smile:

Managed to catch the order before it shipped so I’m only getting the master cylinder and Master cylinder conversion kits

maybe im daft but checked the website and couldnt see any for £406 all seemed over £600,ill need to have another look
i have a 64 bug probably need master cylinder kit if i was going to go for it,any ideas?

cheers

Ring em up. I did and they spoke fantastic English. Numbers on the website

I know Mike from Machine 7 and the margins that he operates to are riduculous (very very low)…One of his suppliers was actually pissed off at him because he was selling so low…

Excellent advice and excellent delivery times as well.

It’s got cost more from CSP by the looks of things. The postage is expensive from CSP. I’ll be looking at Machine 7 prices when I buy the disc kit and comparing. I’ll let you know.

slobbo - 2005-08-03 1:36 PM

It’s got cost more from CSP by the looks of things. The postage is expensive from CSP. I’ll be looking at Machine 7 prices when I buy the disc kit and comparing. I’ll let you know.

Thing to remeber mate is that even if it is a few quid cheaper, you are covered only by a very vague long distance (european) warranty, and more holes than a rusty bug… buy from the uk, and learn from my mistake, and a CB Performance disk kit that I got very cheap (exchange rate) and now it’s gubbed I am looking at a healthy bill, whereas if I had bought in the uk off say VW Speedshop, I would have had some kind of comeback… :frowning:

slobbo - 2005-07-27 4:33 PM

Just completed an order with CSP in Germany direct £408 for the Splitty disc Conversion (vented discs) + a master cylinder + 2x bay window Master cylinder conversion kit (you need it for the disc conversion) (Alex wanted 1 as well hence 2x).

And having now seen the master cylinder conversion kit - very nice!
I also compared master cylinders with an original non servo '68> type2 and a T25. Quite a few differences - the T2 servo m.c. with this adapter kit (spacer, extended bolts, reservoir, seals, etc.) is the way to go.
Part number is: 611 021 211 AA
Just Kampers have it in stock at £50
http://217.29.195.146/FMPro?-db=wproducts.fp5&-format=detail.htm&-lay=cgi&-sortfield=name&-sortorder=descend&Category=Brake-parts&Find_Web=T2&-max=10&-recid=12647645&-token.0=13250039&-find=
Think I’ll be needing one of them soon…

CSP have them for £37 plus delivery @ circa £14

Might be worth getting it from them if the JK price is + delivery.