The new data protection regulations will apply from 25th May 2018 to protect your information.
This is our data protection information on how we protect our members.
For existing and new members
What this privacy notice covers
Lothian Volkswagen Club is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to "˜we’ and "˜us’ means Lothian Volkswagen Club This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
What we need
Lothian Volkswagen Club will be a “œcontroller” of the personal information that you provide us in this form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register as a member of Lothian Volkswagen Club or renew your membership (including if you are registering on behalf of a child under the age of 18), we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details - name, address, email address, vehicle details (optional)
• membership criteria / category - single or family
Why we need your personal information - contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services.
• send you membership communication by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, general meeting notices, membership renewals and information on membership fees.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect, then this may affect our ability to offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information - legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in the club activities by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming meets and events. Our events may be filmed or photographed, and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our events, which we may use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• invite our members to our annual general meeting by email / telephone or social media; and
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the club or/and its activities. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us by emailing us, our address is email@example.com If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information - legal obligations
We are under legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with our obligations under:
• the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our nominated members are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults should that ever be required.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
• We may be required to share your personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations may include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
• We may share your personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
• We may share your personal information with other members of Lothian Volkswagen Club for the purpose of coordinating events or competitions.
• We may share your personal information with other clubs for the purposes of registering you for competitions and events.
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purpose and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored in a locked box,case and/or electronically on a pc/laptop which is password protected. Your personal information is accessed by our appointed Club committee.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for five years.
Your forum details will be deleted if no activity ie log in in 12 months and all your details will be destroyed.
You can exercise any of the following rights by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “œsubject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
• you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Lothian Volkswagen Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk