erWin

Has anyone used this service?
It enables you to download technical manuals and information from VWs German site - at a price!
Here’s what it says on the site:

erWin is the Electronic Repair and Workshop Information service from Volkswagen AG for non-franchised garages, vehicle pools and other companies which repair and service Volkswagen cars professionally.
erWin shows you at lightning speed everything you need to know about repairing and servicing a Volkswagen. The information is supplied online. Always up-to-date. Always at the latest state of the art.
erWin knows every minor difference between models. That’s because erWin obtains all the repair manuals from Volkswagen AG as well as many other useful bits of information to improve your service.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de/erWinVW/

Might come in handy, or more importantly - if someones downloaded a manual already, would they share it with members?

Looks like a pretty good idea, I haven’t used it but I do happen to have a copy of the Technical Data for workshop use maunal (Type 1,2 & 3) & a copy of Workshop equipment for local manufacturers (plans to build your own gear) both official VW manuals.

I also have a cdrom somewhere with loads of other stuff on it, not that I can remember what at the moment, I’ll look it out, post what I’ve got & am happy to share, especially is someone wants to fire the welders up & build an engine trolley or two instead of forking out the £30 they want in the shops :slight_smile:

Great! Perhaps you could consult your software and find out if a Passat front wheel bearing for the model year '88-'91 is the same as the later type - up to '95 anyway?
I don’t really want to pay €18.40 for such a wee nugget of info… :mellow:

Go to the GSF website, check the part number(s).
Job done, no pennies spent.

:slight_smile:

Or you could also ask someone who has might have access to an ETKA.

Cheers

Nick - 2005-06-23 2:14 PM
Go to the GSF website, check the part number(s).
Job done, no pennies spent.
:slight_smile:

Cheers Nick!
I also have an EKTA CD copy from Alan. Trouble is, when I run the prog. I’ve got to resize my display to get the page in frame. Is there a geek trick I’m missing here to avoid this…? :huh:

Sorry Alex not it is designed to run at a specific screen resolution so get you hands on a HUUUUGE monitor to save changing the resolution.

Cheers

Simon