From hire to ownership

I am a new owner (from 6th April) of a VW Komet (1989) Autohomes conversion in pastel (creamy) white. I am based in Edinburgh and the van is parked in Earlston in the Scottish Borders. ‘Moray’ is a cracking looking van. He has a little rust at the cab steps and at the usual spots at the cab doors and along the lowest panel on the offside below a vent but otherwise seems solid. I would like a body shop to look at the rust.

I got the bug after hiring a T2 from Scooby Campers (run from the Sun Inn, Newtongrange) and then a T25 from Strathpeffer Campers. That T25 from Strathpeffer had an interior that influenced what I’ve eventually ended up with after months of trawling gumtree. Ironically, I ended up with a van I’d seen before as it was often parked along a street at Craiglockhart I passed on route to the bypass.

Anyway, here’s to living the dream and owning a classic looking van. And to years of anxiety worrying about panels and coolant levels…

Hi welcome
Good news on the van !

Welcome, sounds like you’ve done your homework on the new van. Sounds good, enjoy fun times 😁

Cheers, Mark, it’s a real buzz. Been tested out in Oban, North Berwick and Coldingham so far. It’s actually been since 6th March, not April since the V5 changed hands. I’d saved up and just got up to a figure which most ‘experts’ would say you’d get a decent van. It’s in its completely original state which is a big plus.

Sounds like your enjoying it already ! , looking forward to seeing it!