Hello

I stay in Coldingham, near Eyemouth and joined last Sunday at the swap meet near Rosewell and it was nice to see some of you at Thirlestane Castle today. Just loved to see some well presented VW cars and vans at the show. I am pretty convinced the air shocks is the way I will go on my 1971 Beetle restoration but the harsh ride and possibility of doing damage when dropping it does worry me. I have the body off and have started collecting panels to repair it. Still looking for both halves of the floorpan, heater channels, both front wings and rear 1/4 lower panels. I will buy from the manufacturers but prefer to use up panels left over from other folks restos or abandoned projects. James

Welcome James looking forward to seeing pictures of your resto as you go

Good to meet you last week. Welcome to the club.

Thanks for the welcomes. I will try to add photos in the correct part of the forum…

You are a shy bunch aren’t you? 33 views only 3 posts. lol…

Hiya James

[QUOTE]nict - 10/6/2015 1:05 PM

Hiya James[/QUOTE Hiya.] biggrin.gif wave.gif

Welcome to the club. :think biggrin.gif

billy - 13/6/2015 9:13 PM

Welcome to the club. :think biggrin.gif

:beers:

Welcome in James

Hi James, welcome to the Club. I am Andy and have a couple of vans, a 73 Bay Camper and a '91 Syncro. As you say I am a shy bunch! Don’t go on the forum as much as I should. I do go to quite a lot of meets though so hope to see you at some of them sometime.

Knaughty - 19/7/2015 12:41 PM

Hi James, welcome to the Club. I am Andy and have a couple of vans, a 73 Bay Camper and a '91 Syncro. As you say I am a shy bunch! Don’t go on the forum as much as I should. I do go to quite a lot of meets though so hope to see you at some of them sometime.

As soon as I get my 71 Bug restored I will be “bugging” you all at the meets. Suppose I could go in my Mk4 or Mk6 Golfs but it aint the same. heehaw.gif

You can come on your bike if you want. It is just good to bleather!

Just come along I anything james, are you heading along to Volkfling next weekend?

jigs - 22/8/2015 4:50 PM

Just come along I anything james, are you heading along to Volkfling next weekend?

Unfortunately no, Jigs, going to York for a long weekend.