hi everyone

Hi everyone, and thanks for your welcome, Me and my wife sharon are both into beetles to be honest it was sharon who rewakened my interest in beetles again when she passed her driving test and said she thought the classic beetle was the cutest car she had seen, So i got her a 1974 bug bought off ebay [will try to post pic of it in profile] but problem was i only paid £500 for it and its the same old story you get what you pay for, it had a years mot on it but gregg at bus stop [fantastic bunch of guys] told me honestly it was going to cost really more than it was worth to get it to pass its next mot and the oil was pissing out of it im talking about filling it to the brim with oil and within 25-30 miles the sump was totaly empty again, Gregg gave me great advice to tidy it up as cheap as poss and enjoy it until the mot was up which we did, We are from livingston and ended up selling it to a guy from craigshill,Last we heard was it was supposed to be going to a college to get restored as a project, would love to know what eventually happened to it, Anyway we are driving a tranny van and a micra just now [no vw at present] but the itch to get another beetle just for pleasure still appeals, It would mean running three motors and ive got no garage or lock up but a beetle still appeals, Anyway thanks for taking the time to read this, cheers from billy and sharon.

welcome to the forum Billy and Sharon, Greg and the guys at bus stop are a great bunch although sadly they closed 1 or 2 years ago now. doods (who worked with Greg) runs his own place and from what i hear is doing well, hes a sponsor on the forum.

Mark

Welcome aboard fellow dub lovers bowdown.gif :thumb: dancinnanagif.gif

hi and welcome to you both i am also new to this and its my first venture in to the vdub scene my wife and i have got a kombi yee haa hope to catch uo soon
johnboy