mk1 polo wanted

looking for a mk1 polo condition not important

upto £500…

there used to be one in mick thompsons yard in carronshore,not been in for years so could be cubed

Managed to retrieve this mail :

Sent: 09 November 2008 22:18
To: join@lvwc.co.uk
Subject: VW for sale

Hi,

I visited your web site and was wondering if there is a way of publicising a 1988 VW Polo 1.3 Coupe S I have for sale.
Its cheap as chips but needs a good home as I do not have the time to finish it.
I have replaced the front bumper with one from a Polo, the previous owner had a Golf bumper made to fit it! Also, I have changed all 4 tyres, the front shocks, the steering rack, the track rod ends, all radiator hoses and a new radiator and in the summer this year I replaced the cam belt and a new water pump. The previous owner had new discs and pads fitted to the front, also I have replaced the sunroof seal, one headlight and I resprayed the alloys. I want it to go to a good home and it would make a great project for someone.

thanks.
Chris Green
chrisjmgreen@yahoo.co.uk

Good luck looking mate, i Havn’t seen another in scotland that i can remember. Check out the for sale section in here
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mk1_Polo_Club/index.php?c=1
There is a guy called ‘grungeisdead’ who was selling two, think he only has one left and it is part way through a GT conversion! heehaw.gif
Would be awesome to see another up here.
Cheers
Boab

cheers boab i missed one on ebay last week it sold for 450 with tax and test!!
think you may be right none up here,will keep looking.

colin.

colin a long shot i know but i was looking at members motors on svag and spotted a mk1 polo in the background,says it his mates but nothing else about it,looks like he is in south queensferry,maybe worth a wee look around

http://www.scottishvag.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=32719

thanks richy mate will check it out would consider a mk1 golf aswell???

What happened to Chris Green’s silver one (above pics)?
Already sold or asking too much…? If so - how much is too much for a Mk.1…?

A FRIEND OF MINE IS SELLING A MK1 GOLF CAB X-REG ITS HAD NEW WINGS FRONT PANEL AND HAD FULL RESPRAY A VERY GOOD SPRAY JOB CAR IS IN PERTH £1295 MOT 6-7 MONTHS
IF YOUR INTERSTED LET ME KNOW AND WILL PASS ON HIS NUMBER

OR I HAVE A 1993 MK2 POLO BOULEVARD £250 ONO MOT TILL FEB NEEDS STARTER

couldnt get in contact with him alex,its really an older model i want ,will start looking better after xmas.

hi critters thanks for the info but not looking for a cab had too many of them over the years,any pics of your polo mate.
colin.

not a very good picture will try and get it out of the garage to take better photos