Rear fog light

For my MOT I need to attach a rear fog light, but I’m crap with electrics and stuff, so if anyone could help me, that would be much appreciated.

just fit a switch on yer dash! wire the fog light to negative (possibly too the body near light) then run a 12v feed wire from battery through an inline fuse to switch then to foglight! hey presto job done. Or run wire from fuse box to switch then to light.

Or were you asking someone to pop along and help :wink:

if you dont already have one fitted and there is no switch on your dash for one then you wont need one for a mot!

jigs - 2006-07-18 6:24 PM

if you dont already have one fitted and there is no switch on your dash for one then you wont need one for a mot!

Agreed prior to 1980
http://www.motester.co.uk/cog.html#lights

Well mine is a 1990 T25, but it has no switch but it’s got the foglights intergrated in the rear lights, but there are no light bulbs and I don’t know if it’s wired cause there just goes a big plug to the rear lights…

And Yeah, I kinda meant can anyone help me out… :huh: :zip

well first id have a wee look at the colour of the wire at the back where the fog light is, then have a look at the dash see if there are any wires that match it, there might be a hole where the switch was ?? maybe someone with a t25 can help and tell you where the switch should be???

There is just 1 big plug that goes into the rearlights, so it’s hard to see what colour the wire is and there is no loose wire at the dashboard. But I’ll try and check inside the rear light maybe I can find something out that way.
Sorry I don’t want to look like someone that is too lazy to do anyrhing himself, I’m just crap at it. But I try and have a look tomorrow (mmmmmm finally some days off)

hi there , i have a 1990 t25 and it has only one fog light at the rear on the drivers side , as for the otherside there is no metal fitting in the light , for a bulb.
to get them to work have lights on, then turn the fog switch (rt side bottom on dash )on . thats how they go on our bus

If you get stuck give me a bell. I could come around one evening this week and have a look. Call me on 07989 163 138. I’m in Dunfermline so not too far away.

Right cool thanks. Sorry for the late reply. internet was a bit shabby :zip

@ Kiwibus: There is no fog light switch in my bus, need to install everything