Rust converters

I need something to get rid of the rust of my beetle.
What kind of stuff are you guys using?

new panels

as above

or rust bullet or por 15

sthil saw or grinder usually sorts it oot… w00t.gif

cut it out and weld in new metal :thumb:

If it is surface rust a wire brush on a grinder or drill to get rid of it then seal it up with paint. If it is deep crumbly rust cut it out and replace the metal.

slobbo - 2008-07-26 5:28 AM

If it is surface rust a wire brush on a grinder or drill to get rid of it then seal it up with paint. If it is deep crumbly rust cut it out and replace the metal.

Thanks Slobbo for the only normal answer :lol: :rs

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it was surface rust. I’ll brush it off and go for the Rust bullet.
As I’m kinda new to this, do I need to get the prep products as well? Or just grind it off and put on the rust sealer?

The Dutch Bloke - 2008-07-28 9:33 AM

[QUOTE]slobbo - 2008-07-26 5:28 AM

Thanks Slobbo for the only normal answer :lol: :rs

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it was surface rust. I’ll brush it off and go for the Rust bullet.
As I’m kinda new to this, do I need to get the prep products as well? Or just grind it off and put on the rust sealer?[/QUOTE]
If you use POR15 you need metal ready first to key the surface, rust bullet doesn’y need that. I find POR15 very thin, and rust bullet a bit too thick, but you could thin it down with celly thinners

[QUOTE]Thanks Slobbo for the only normal answer :lol: :rs

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Loved the burn out Richie

cheers fella heehaw.gif

got more of them up ma sleeve dancinnanagif.gif

good luck wae the rust…

boy its a killer :think

Spot blasting gun from machine mart for about £17 when you’ve done with that a coat of hammerite kurust should sort it out.

I found that eastwoods rust encapsulator was good as long as you follow the instructions.
Which is hard for us men as we know best.

This one seems straight forward.
Which would be good for me :thumb:
http://www.rustbullet.co.uk/shop/

Hi

I have used POR15, Vactan and Rust Bullet. IMHO RB is the best of the 3 it’s a bit thick but covers well.

I used RB on the rear wheel arch seam, which was more rust than metal and it has kept the rust at bay.

Cheapest place was the IOM dealer listed on the site.

K

Cheers, that’s the stuff I like to hear :lol: