sound proofing/insulation

ok going to do my split and my t4, which method would you all use ( nothing that traps moisture though )

been on the ssvc and most on there are using FLASH TAPE from screw fix :think

one guy used dynomat which is expensive and was not impressed with it ?

give me your ideas bowdown.gif

colin.

I used Noise killer in my 67 mate. Expensive compared to Flash tape but much cheaper than Dynomat.
No heaters in my bus and never been cold but that could be boxer farts helping!!

Bigger amp and yi old duffel coat

I used silent coat, very effective but expensive…

done ma t4 with celotec/kingspantaped all the joints with duct tape then used foil bubble insulation over top and than a ply lined and carpeted
works a treat

I bought stuff from http://www.ainsworth-insulation.co.uk years ago good stuff and good service. Give them a call and ask.

just checked out a thread on vzi about this and they were talking about this stuff ive never tried it my self but i may try it on the bug
http://www.directunderfloorheating.com/eRibbon-Underlay.htm

cheers for the help guys, i have bought FATMAT…

I’ll pop down for a peek when your fitting it mate…

Might be worth going to see Karen from the Foam factory too, she gave me some cab insulation for free. I put it on top of my silent coat but not too sure what its like in its own.

Jamusbass - 18/12/2012 8:37 PM

I’ll pop down for a peek when your fitting it mate…

Might be worth going to see Karen from the Foam factory too, she gave me some cab insulation for free. I put it on top of my silent coat but not too sure what its like in its own.

Me tae…Up for helping with the fitting :thumb:

when i sorted my t4 i used bubble wrap in the panels…thin layer of fibre glass…then bubble wrap on top…taped all the seams…5mm plywood…then carpeted with material from mega van mats…cosy!

cheers guys Jamie and Coco, will give yous a shout.
sounds good metalbasher…

cassie27 - 19/12/2012 8:28 PM

cheers guys Jamie and Coco, will give yous a shout.
sounds good metalbasher…

Good man biggrin.gif

Need to get some pics up of your new fleet mate…

yeh i know, will get some pics up…

Any further forward with the insulation Colin? Will be looking to get some insulation for my panel bit on a budget, Nae Silent Coat for this time!!

Just had a read through this thread: http://www.ssvc.org.uk/phpbb/viewtopic.php?uid=36654&f=6&t=45744&start=165

Very interesting

yeh mate i bought fatmat for the split, going with the flash tape for the t4 though

Panels getting the flash tape treatment too…

How much extra weight do you think you will be lugging around once it’s all fash taped?
Are you going to add some thermal insulation too?

It will add a fair bit more weight, not sure exactly how much? I fitted Silent Coat to my Bay which was also bloody heavy. For me it’s about what your willi g to sacrifice, I’m not looking to get into BWA but want to be able to talk (shout) to whoevers in the back, After driving the bus up from Burnley with no Sound or Thermal insulation with a nice load empi exhaust I decided sound insulation was a must, I might just be soft though :slight_smile: as for thermal insulation, think I’m going to go for polystyrene and spray on adhesive…

What way did you go with the insulation?