Wanted - VDO oil temp sender

Just thought I’d ask if anyone has a sump plug oil temp sender for a 300*F VDO gauge going spare…?
That, or one that fits into the threaded hole plugged by an allen head screw at the rear right of a deep sump?

ME TOO.

I need the very same sender unit so if anybody has a box full of them let us know?

Alex I’ve got the duel Empi oil pres, and temprature switch, do you know if that will work with this type of temp gauge???

If not do you want to get together and give it a try??? Would like to see this new motor of yours???

Let us know??

:smiley:

I’m led to believe each VDO gauge has the appropriate sender - wether it’s a 250F or 300F max one seems obvious, but there must be other types that send a similar signal for the gauge to work?
I’d test an Empi sender out on a VDO gauge for evaluation if no-one else would…

If you wanna see my engine in action, this Sunday at Falkland Peformance Centre would be the place to be - rollin’ road run #3 ! :smiley:

Personally I prefer the dipstick sender as it gives more accurate results, and no I dont have one spare.

I’ve heard this claim many a time and can’t disagree with it, but unfortunately a dipstick sender won’t clear my Porsche fan housing due to it’s length.
Unless there’s a shorter version available of course…?
A sump sender will do me as long as it actually works - ie.displays an increase in temp on the gauge as the temp rises. Then it’s just a case of adding an adjustment factor or marking the red line according to your max desired temp. :think

seamonsta - 2007-05-10 11:42 PM

I’ve heard this claim many a time and can’t disagree with it, but unfortunately a dipstick sender won’t clear my Porsche fan housing due to it’s length.
A sump sender will do me as long as it actually works - ie.displays an increase in temp on the gauge as the temp rises. Then it’s just a case of adding an adjustment factor or marking the red line according to your max desired temp. :think

Can you not just bend it a bit to clear the housing. They are designed to be bent.

seamonsta - 2007-05-10 11:42 PM

There is, and I may have one in my shed - let me have a rummage.

think ive got an empi one ie very short

Nice one Ian - I’ll take it in exchange for the VDO oil pressure sender ok…?
Don’t need the voltmeter now - well chuffed to find one in my garage while rooting through an old box of lecky bits! :smiley:

Going to Hawes on Wed?

Alan - 2007-05-11 9:14 PM

[QUOTE]seamonsta - 2007-05-10 11:42 PM

There is, and I may have one in my shed - let me have a rummage.
[/QUOTE]

Ta Alan - how did rummage go?
Ian’s sender is Empi. If not compatible with VDO gauge I’d be up for yours…

keith - 2007-05-11 8:25 AM
They are designed to be bent.

Cool - I’ve no problem with that… :lol: