wanted

hi,

Iam looking for a type 25, or a mark 2 camper van for sale in the lothian area.

can anyone reccomend any weblinks for classified ads, or any other usefull links?

thanks

This is not a bad place to start. Someone will know of one somewhere.
The Scottish Volkswagen Owners Festival is on this weekend at Biggar Showground, worth having a look there as well.

There’s a Bay for sale in Ratho just now:
http://messageboard.lvwc.co.uk/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=110&posts=2
Doesn’t say if its actually a camper conversion or not, you’ll have to do some investigating!

Biggar this weekend is your best bet as there are bound to be several vehicles for sale.
Good luck!

wow, thanks for the quick response!

derm

If you can wait until September I should be able to sell you a really nice 86 Westy Hitop.

Jeez,
I never even thought of that as an option, Simon!
Nice van too…

how much for the 86 Westy?

any pics and spec available?

cheers

Derm

Derm,

Just take a look at my avatar. (its the blue one) It’s a 1.9 Fuel Injected (83Bhp) 5 spd gear box. 4 Birth. New Bilstien shock absorbers. And will have about another 4-6k on the clock. Current engine has about 60k on it, but I only have the previous owners word for it. Gearbox and linkages are sound. Tyres are basically new. Paint is about 18 months old, but not a perfect job. Interior is in very good condition and includes water and waste water tanks, underbelly gas tank, 3 way fridge, sink with electric tap and 2 ring hob. Also included in the sale will be a clarion cassete head unit with CD changer and bike rack. It drives very well and is a good example of a Westy Hitop for its age.

Will have new front disks, pads and wheel bearings and plastic waterpipes fitted. By September.

Alan,

I have one for sale, its a T2 Bay window 1974 1600. If you want more info you can e-mail me on bobandlorna@blueyonder.co.uk

Bob.