what do you do for your day job

just wondered what every one did for a job

I’d do anything for a job. Do you know of any, i’m skint and board heehaw.gif

Im the head chef in the sheep heid inn. Mmmm fish and chipsss…

I’m an out of work nurse who restores cemeterys and cuts trees

klingon - 12/4/2010 1:55 AM

I’m an out of work nurse who restores cemetery’s and cuts trees

That sounds like an interesting job, bet you’ve got loads of time to think about vw’s at work. They don’t spend money on cemetery’s in the UK, they just knock over the headstones when they look dodgy, Health and safety apparently, Scandalous

I’m a CAD Manager at Halcrow in Edinburgh and work for Environment/Landscape.
Or as my son calls it: Daddy does colouring drawings…

and he’s right biggrin.gif

I’m a fulltime video gamer QA tester in Edinburgh. Also indy film maker and events organizer in my spare time.

You might be the envy of us all… wow

The Dutch Bloke - 12/4/2010 9:19 AM

I’m a CAD Manager at Halcrow in Edinburgh and work for Environment/Landscape.
Or as my son calls it: Daddy does colouring drawings…

and he’s right biggrin.gif

I used to do Cartography for Edinburgh council and was described as doing exactly the same by my neice :smiley:

Now, I weld up rusty old cars…being into VW’s and classic mini’s it’s like a bussmans holiday LOL

Bugtastic, you never said what you do? Or is it your job to ask what everyone else does :smiley:

Believe me the games testing work is very much an office job, not going to complain but most the time would rather be in the garage or out in the elements than sat in front of a PC getting fat.

Agree with that ^. Applications developer for the Scottish Government - and before you start I work hard :slight_smile:

I work for a plasterboard manufacturer advising Architects and Main Contractors on partitions for fire acoustics etc, Plasterer to trade now off the sharp end.

im a joiner biggrin.gif

IT tech/consultant
work for a surgery part time and self employed rest of time

Database Designer for a Hospital in the US at the mo. Looking foward to forced retirement when my work visa runs out in July…

Originally an Engineer, but hey, you take what you can get.

Bob

engineer - working in small family owned business.

lawyer in telecoms industry, got laid off last Christmas so now working for a wee London outfit but I get to work from home rather than moving to London

Thare’s a lot of people on here with ‘hands on’ trade skills!! Is that representative of the amount of ‘hands on’ our choice of vehicles require??

Im a car valeter in edinburgh for contrastvaleting.com

I’m a Tug Mate with Forth Ports based in Leith.