winter tips

well that times here again and many vws are off to bed (good on you if its your daily driver) i was wondering whats the best way YOU find of protecting your VW over the winter months?

do you cover it with a breathable cover? is that not the best of ideas?
wheels off/axle stands?
petrol out?
heater in the garage?

battery off would be obvious one,

please add some ideas of things you do to best protect it over the winter,if the thread proves very good ill make it a sticky and add another when its spring.

cheers

Mark

Well if I ever manage to get it started again I’ll be using my bay fairly regularly over the winter.

Never mind the winter I’ve sodded off for two years…

Axle stands and battery disconnected. Left the fuel in
But will drain before restarting as it’s a long lay up.

In a garage under a fitted cover and sorely missed.

US Bob

I need to get a breathable cover for my beetle, as it’s parked on the street, great thing about living in a village you can just do that without having to fear it being cut to pieces or worse.
But otherwise it’ll be used “daily”.

The Dutch Bloke - 5/11/2008 8:05 AM

I need to get a breathable cover for my beetle, as it’s parked on the street, great thing about living in a village you can just do that without having to fear it being cut to pieces or worse.
But otherwise it’ll be used “daily”.

I bought a Hamilton Classics cover for my beetle online. Have been very happy with it, its a three layer one which is breathable. I found the mexican beetle last winter to be practically bone dry underneath it. It does get wet due to condensation but because it breaths that just evaporates off it again. The best bit was the interior, I found it was very dry, and not damp like you get just parking it up. This seems to due to the temperature not dropping as much inside preventing condensation forming. I now want one for the van. The downsides are the price, about £120, and the cat is ripping mine to shreds!

Hmmm, the bus cover or the cat…

Bob

local chinese will help with the problem cat